Kickstand, detachable screen and other extras on the Microsoft Surface Book 2 shows Microsoft have listened to their existing customers and planned to just concentrate on the necessities. So have they got it right?
Launching two models this year, one is the 13.5 inch model and another 15-inch model which goes face to face with Apple’s latest MacBook Pro line up on specs. A heavy and powerful laptop just like the predecessor also a tablet, cheers to that detachable display.
Price starts at $2,499 ($1,499 for the 13.5-inch model) the high end model with 1TB of storage is $3,299, so that’s a lot of cash if you want this new 15-inch model.
Microsoft Surface Book 2 Specifications
- Processor: Intel Core i5 or i7
- RAM: 8GB or 16GB
- Storage: 256GB, 512GB, or 1TB SSD
- Graphics: Intel HD 620 or Nvidia GTX 1050 / GTX 1060
- Screen: 13.5 inches, 3:2 aspect ratio, 3000 x 2000 or 15-inch, 3:2 aspect ratio, 3240 x 2160
- Ports: 2 USB-A 3.1 ports, 1 USB-C port, headphone jack, Surface Connector, SD card reader
- Camera: 1080p with Windows Hello, rear 1080p camera
- Weight: 13.5-inch model starts at 3.38 pounds, 15-inch model starts at 4.20 pounds
- Dimensions: 12.13 x 9.14 x 0.90 inches (13.3-inch model) 12.13 x 9.87 x 0.90 inches (15-inch model)
- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
- Battery life: claimed 17 hours for local video playback, but real-world is closer to 8 or 9 hours
Keyboard and the trackpad are great especially if you are a blogger. The keyboard gives you the tactile feel and is accurate. The trackpad is also responsive and the gestures works silky smooth. It has palm detection too.
Power packed machine
This is one heavy machine with all the latest software and hardware.
The best part is that it comes with Nvidia GTX 1050 / GTX 1060, which is high end graphics card.
The Microsoft surface is packed with Nvidia GTX 1050 / GTX 1060 which can handle heavy games. It also comes with Xbox wireless support. I personally love using this as a miniature Xbox now. But just don’t expect this to be a gaming laptop. This Graphic usage is meant more productive use for design and creative development. The Surface Book 2 also supports the Surface Pen and Surface Dial.
Gaming not being plugged in will dry battery life. I also found that I had nine hours of battery life with mix a of all apps and without gaming.
The Display is vibrant and colors are pretty accurate but the display still wobbles when you touch it just like in the old predecessor which is not addressed yet.
The deal choice with the Surface Book 2 is whether you require this amount of power, and if you are ready to spend the cash then choosing the surface book won’t let you regret.